A number of sustainability considerations, which are significant for Energie AG both from our own perspective and from the perspective of external stakeholders, were identified in the 2017/2018 fiscal year. As part of the strategy development process, these factors will be regularly evaluated and undergo continuous improvement with the involvement of internal interested parties (e.g. Management Board, executives, employees, supervisory board and owners) and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, communities close to our projects, representatives from political and administrative systems). The topics were rated in a materiality matrix from ”important“ to ”highly important“ in the context of sustainability. The quantitative and qualitative indicators to be measured were set based on this evaluation matrix.
The key sustainability issues for the Energie AG Group are:
- Partnership with equity investors and outside creditors (Management Report and Economy section)
- Business models fit for the future – innovation (Management Report and Economy section)
- Supply reliability and quality (Social affairs section)
- Customer orientation and satisfaction (Social affairs section)
- Climate protection and energy efficiency (Environment section)
- Resource conservation (Environment section)
- Operating as a responsible employer (Employees section)
- Workplace health and safety (Employees section)
- Regional responsibility and social commitment (Social affairs section)
- Stakeholder dialogue (Social affairs section)
- Legal compliance and prevention of corruption (Compliance and anti-corruption section)
This Non-Financial Report will cover the issues identified in the materiality analysis in its sections on economy, the environment, social affairs, employees and our role as a responsible employer, and compliance and anti-corruption (including respect for human rights.